Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Good thing I asked...

Today we received an email from the adoption agency detailing our "next step" in the process. Let's just say it's a good thing, a very good thing that I asked for a verse to stand on during this process. My thought process had been that when the going gets tough; the rubber meets the road, etc, etc, I wanted a Word from God to stand on and to remind myself that He is the author of this life of mine. And this adoption is a chapter that He definitely wants written.

You know, you can talk yourself out of a lot of things by saying "that's not God..." even when you clearly hear His voice. The whole burning bush thing, face for grace, etc...on a bad day I could count off as coincidence when I got down or discouraged. But you can Never discard a word from God especially when it's straight from the Bible.

Thank you Jesus for your Word.

Psalms 68: 5-6 Father of Orphans...God places the lonely in families...and gives them joy.

I will not even begin to argue. I will comply with His command. And with great joy, excitement and anticipation I will begin the 2-4 month journey to fill out and acquire the mounds (literally) of paperwork that will tell our story to the government of El Salvador. And I will do it with a joyful heart...because God was gracious enough to give me a tidbit of knowledge straight from His word to my heart. (Now, for those of you who know me best...you can attest to the fact of the leaps and bounds that I've come. The old Holly would have opened the email and reached for a paper bag to breath into!)


Grateful for the Opportunity to be a Face for Grace!
Holly

0 comments: