Monday, July 2, 2007

Please join me in singing the Hallelujah Chorus...

The envelope please...

Q. And what exactly was the return address on the envelope?
A. US Department of Immigration

Q. And what very important document was inside of the envelope?
A. The single piece of paper that we've been waiting for 6 weeks to recieve!

Q. Did you hear the angels resound with the glorious singing of Handel's Messiah/The Hallelujah Chorus?
A. O.K. you may have missed that part...but we heard it clearly and so did all of our neighbors over here in our cul-de-saq!

Q. What's next?
A. I have one more appointment to get some things notarized & I have to fax the last little stack of papers to our adoption coordinator for her review. Once she approves everything I head to the Secretary of State office to get all documents "Apostilled"...then I send them all off to America World. After they are translated to Spanish, it will be sent to El Salvador and logged in. In other words, we'll officially be on the waiting list! (Sounds like a lot, but shouldn't be longer than a week or so)

Whew! What a relief!

Father God...thank you for answering prayers. We are one step closer on our journey. Even though I've gotten discouraged at times, I have certainly grown by leaps and bounds during this process. I know that the wait really has only just begun...but it feels good to have made it this far. Thank you for guiding our footsteps to make it this far in this amazing journey!

Face for Grace,
Holly

3 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

We know several couples in our church who are in the process of adopting; how hard it must be to wait and wait for that child. Blessings to you and your family. xoxoxo PS I saw you left a comment on my blog re fireflies. Don't they have then in Louisiana?

Jodie said...

YAY!! Congratulations on a big steip!

Gered Lambert said...

Great news Morans! Won't be long now! God's Speed!