Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Home study update

This week we met with our social worker to update our Home Study. Our I600A expires at the end of this year- not to mention our fingerprints. How, can anyone explain to me, can your fingerprints expire? Regardless, we will have to make a trip to New Orleans one day in the next couple of months to re-do our fingerprints just to keep everything active and updated.

Current wait time for El Salvador? 28-30ish some odd months and counting. How many more times we'll have to do this? No telling.

I'm trying very hard to not get bitter about the process. We have been through so much, we've had to spill our guts to social workers, pychologists, had physicals, labs, etc. Had to wait for numerous reports to be written about us. We've had to PROVE that we are competent people and that we could offer a good home to a child. Meanwhile a good friend of mine has a 17 year old daughter that is pregnant that would have to go on welfare and state assitance if it woudn't be for her parents paying for everything. We, on the other hand, have to prove our net worth, prove our sanity, prove our competence, prove our IQ...need I go on?

And it's getting old. I'm tired of jumping through hoops. I'm ready for God to move already.

Sorry to be so cynical...just keepin' it real.

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I just read your comment at "The Queen Bee's" blog. I am so sorry to hear of your losses. And now all the hoops you are jumping through for adoption. I pray that the Lord will heal your hearts and give you peace as you continue in your parenting journey.

Daneen said...

I, too, just read your comment at The Queen B. I could so relate to your question of "did the desire for more children ever go away," so I clicked over here.

Now I will say that I can also totally relate to your current post. Each time we adopted we felt like giving a quart of our blood would've been easier and less painful than all the hoops they asked us to jump through. Ugh.

I have 2 beautiful daughters that happen to be adopted. I've never been able to give birth. I struggled for a long, LONG time about my body being "broken" and unable to do what God created women to do. Is the desire for more children -- for a biological child -- gone? No. But, strangely, I am finally at peace about it.

I have the most incredible family, created solely by God. He made us parents in the way that HE saw fit. He knows how I feel. He acknowledges my dissatisfaction with never haven given birth, as I read in Proverbs 30:15-16.

God knows your pain, too. Count on it.

jajbs said...

I know how you feel. Even with Isabella home, I still have those feelings creep up. I am more at peace with it, but I still battle the feelings from time to time and fight resentment. (does that make me bad?)

As far as the fingerprints, we had to renew ours and Jeff asked how fingerprints expire. The reason is because they only keep them in the data base for a certain time and then they discard them.

I just read your e-mail (bella plays of the computer and had erased it!) Let's try to get together next Friday?!?! Call me so that we can talk. I am praying for you.

love ya,
amanda