Thursday, September 11, 2008

Until now the ACT was the longest test I'd ever taken...

Note to God...

God, I know that part of the fun of life is to make mistakes and then learn from them...and hopefully do a little better next time. However, this little test called adoption and trying to grow our family? This particular test seems a little hard...and I totally don't understand all of the rules.

So, God- for fear of being disqualified from this test and having to take a re-test...

My heart is confused. I am trying so hard to find a balance between being happy for those all around me who are getting the things that I want, without grieving too hard for my own losses and disappointments. God, please clarify- is it ok to be happy for others and still be sad for me? As long as I promise to keep my sadness to a minimum?

Because God, in all fairness and honesty, I just can't take another re-test. And God, my heart breaks today. But I will continue to serve you and love you with all of my heart. And I will continue to walk this very road...for as long as You want me to.

1 comments:

Patricia said...

What a beautiful prayer. I believe that God must absolutely love this sort of honesty and connection to Him. Your love and faith shine strong. I know it is in His perfect timing... I pray that it is soon.