Monday, March 23, 2009

We have a nursery

Well, we finally took the time to set up the nursery. Of course, it looks sort of scarce considering we have no comforter or anything, but all of that will come soon enough.

I will be 30 weeks this Thursday- my Doctor told me a few weeks ago that she probably won't let me go too far past 38 weeks- so we are really entering the home stretch! We finally have decided 100% on a boy set and a little girl set for the nursery- so after the baby is born my husband will head down the street to either Babies R Us or the local Baby store to make our purchase- depending on whether it's a boy or a girl.

I have to say, it was very emotional for us when we set up that baby bed. When we took it down a few years ago, we had just lost baby #3. I was so angry over having to take that bed down and find a place to store it. I can promise you that a big piece of our hearts was put away along with the baby bed that day.

When I came home from the neighbors house Friday night Jason had just got the bed down and was wiping the dust off it. He had tears in his eyes when he looked at me and said, "We have waited a long time for this...too long." Honestly, as hard as it's been for me over the years dealing with all of the loss and heartache- it makes it even harder for me when I am reminded how much my husband and daughter have hurt too.

Since Friday night I have passed by the nursery about 50 some odd times, and it still takes me by surprise when I catch a glimpse of that baby bed out of the corner of my eye. I thank God that He has brought us so far in this journey. And I am very excited to be able to welcome a new little one into our lives in just a few short weeks!

0 comments: