Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm making a list and checking it twice

The time is getting close! I will be 36 weeks tomorrow and according to my Doctor on Monday- she thinks the time will be sooner rather than later. I am almost 1 cm & 40% effaced already! Now, for clarity- I am perfectly aware that I could totally "Hang out" here at this point for the next couple of weeks without any change at all. But she seems fairly certain that will not be the case. I do pray she's right- because I'm getting pretty uncomfortable. Especially at night.

Last night I only slept about 4 hours. And, while we're on that topic- let me just say that there should be a clause somewhere that pregnant women should not have to get sick. At all. Ever. It's totally unfair to take a 9 month pregnant woman, who has to work very hard to breath while sleeping to begin with, and give her some sort of sinus infection that makes her gag, choke, cough, sniff, gasp for air- all at the same time. My husband was rather panicked last night a couple of different times because apparently I woke him up with my gasping for air technique that I was working to perfect.

Anyway, I finally decided to lay on the couch so I could possibly prop my head up a little better. It finally worked, but not until 3:00 am. Meanwhile, I lay on the couch and instead of counting sheep or anything like that, I decided to totally stress myself out with all of the stuff left to do before this baby comes. I began thinking about the glider that I'd like to purchase, then I started thinking about maybe packing a bag or two for me & Jason at the hospital; and for Bayli as well. Then that led my brain totally in a different, but equally important direction. And I totally made a list of things that I plan on eating AS SOON as I give birth to this here child. You see, the other thing that's totally unfair about pregnancy is when you are borderline Gestational diabetic, and can't have anything good or fun to eat, since i have been 22 weeks. I am so tired of eating the same old things and apparently I've had a mental file going somewhere of things I plan to eat as soon as possible after the birth of the baby.

So, without further adieu, and totally in the exact order of importance:

  • A piece, or 2, of Chantilly Cake from Whole Foods
  • A Snickers Blast from Sonic
  • A Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake (Ok- maybe not the whole cake :)
  • A Reese's Peanut Butter Egg
  • A 3 Musketeers
  • An Orange flavored snow ball with condensed milk...make mine a large please :)
  • 18 grapes. You laugh- but I can only have 17 a day right now. I feel like being a rebel!
  • Some caramel dip with my apples.
  • Blue Bell Cherry Amaretto ice cream
  • A Broccoli and Cheese baked potato from Jason's Deli
  • More than my fair share of noodles from Tokyo Cafe'
  • Also, I was totally ripped off during King Cake season, so maybe we can work something out there too.

Call it retarded, call it random. Call it whatever you may. I simply refer to it as getting all of my ducks in a row. I feel so much better now that I have a clear, concise plan. And, anyone of you who live near by and plan on visiting us in the hospital- forget the baby gift- I would LOVE a snickers blast from Sonic! (I tease! Ok, maybe I don't! :) Just play it safe and bring food...no telling what these hormones will be like those days!

1 comments:

The Herrera Family said...

LOL you need to get Wendy Carter to make you a king cake. Great now I want a a sonic blast...LOL