Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Look...a new post!

Well, I didn't realize quite how long it's been since I've posted anything. We're here, just not blogging much. We are getting ready for some exciting Thanksgiving fun with family. It's hard to believe that the holidays are already here! Time really is moving quickly.

We just made our 4 month birthday...into the waiting game, that is. However, we just found out that our "Gestation Period" is lengthening some. During the 11 months that we've been on this journey we've gone from 15-18 months total processing time, from application through to referral, to now having a wait time of 12-18 months from Dossier submission. For those of you who don't have a clue about international adoption, basically this means that where we originally thought we'd get Gracie around March of '08, then it was more realistically June/July of '08..now we're looking at Dec of '08 or Jan of '09! A whole year from now! Which makes our total process just over 2 years total! When we first got this news, it was upsetting but really didn't shock me much. There had been no referrals coming out, so I had a hunch that they were going to push things back a tad. But when you've come this far, there's really such a peace. Even though the waiting stinks, I have a peace that it's just all in God's timing. The only time that I get antsy at all is when I take things on myself, and don't let God drive.

Our adoption coordinator has asked us to have all of our friends and family continue to pray for the government of El Salvador...they just are not in a hurry to process these applications. I would ask for all of you to pray for us as we continue to wait. Wait on the adoption, and wait on God. I know that He can move these mountains.

Father God, help us and keep us strong as we continue to wait in the process of growing our family. It gets hard when my mind keeps telling me that we're wasting time. Then my heart keeps telling me that we're right on time in your will. The battle between my heart and my mind is a tough one! God I continue to surrender to you and your will in this situation. You will be our rock and our strength and our joy!

Face for Grace,
Holly

1 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm so proud of you for posting!! LOL...I've been "stalking" your blog to see when you would. I will continue to pray for your adoption & other families waiting to bring their children home :)