Saturday, February 17, 2007

Meaning of Grace

I've been wondering the exact meaning of the name Grace, so I looked it up today on the internet. I knew that it had to be good, because honestly...Grace could be a meaning in and of itself. But, the meaning almost brought me to my knees.

The girl's name Grace \g-ra-ce\ is pronounced grayce. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "favor; blessing". A virtue name referring to God's grace.

When God first started speaking to us about the adoption, I mentioned to Jason one day that I felt like we would adopt this child and she should be a girl, and we'd name her Grace- like he spoke 3 1/2 years prior- because it would be through God's Grace that all of this would come about.

Not to mention the fact that we've been praying for God's blessing and favor in all areas, especially in the area of finances- as they just don't give babies away for free you know. Her name means Favor and Blessing...how will God be able to look the other way and not provide?? He will so provide everything that we need and more for this adoption.

God, thank you for the priveledge and opportunity to be a "Face for Grace"!

0 comments: