Saturday, February 24, 2007

Labor and Delivery

Ok, so I've begun the "next step"; the paper pregnancy as it's called. I've experienced childbirth with Bayli...so far this paper pregnancy business is about as bad as when you are waiting for your epidural to come. You feel the need to pull your hair out and possibly even grab your husband by the shirt and, pulling him closely to you, scream at the top of your lungs "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" With that said, I am reminded of my previous post, where I matter-of-factly stated that I was going to do this with excitement and anticipation. So I stop, take a few cleansing breaths, pull myself together and move on...with joy. (Occasionally it's clenched teeth joy- but joy nontheless.)

As stated before, I am an efficient person...and I'm learning how I can't stand to deal with people who merely do their job. No one else in the working world is excited enough that we are adopting this child to hurry and do anything at all for me quickly. But, I have no doubt that part of the reason for this process is for my patience level to be stretched and increased. Let's just say I was stretched today.

I will continue this process with much joy- until it is complete.

Imagine that final moment when we see her little face for the first time...it will be so worth it. What a sweet victory it will be.

A Face for Grace,
Holly

0 comments: