Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Few Thin I"ve Learned Along the Way...Part VI

continued from previous series of posts....

During my pregnancy, I kept telling everyone that I didn't want to know the sex of the baby until delivery.  We even went as far as looking at and picking out a neutral bedding set so that I wouldn't be tempted to find out sooner.  However, we both wanted a daughter so badly, and a few weeks after our miscarriage my Dr. called with all of the test results.  They were able to determine that the baby had been lost due to a Chromosomal abnormality and they also determined the sex.  Without thinking I told her that I wanted to know the sex of the baby we lost.  It had been a little girl...our little girl.  The girl we had always dreamed of.  

Needless to say, when we were pregnant the second time, I kept thinking about the little girl we lost, and could only pray, hope and dream that this one was a girl also.  And even though the romantic notion of waiting to find out the sex was something I had always hoped for- the reality was that the closer we got to being able to find out, the closer I got to just exploding with excitement.  I couldn't stand to wait another second.  When we went for the ultrasound, the whole way there I kept saying that we weren't going to find out.  But when the time came I just couldn't stand it- and I caved.

We were thrilled to learn that this was another little girl!  The feeling was so overwhelming.  God had restored that which we lost!  I just knew this little girl was going to be my right hand.  I had so many dreams of teaching her things, spending time with her, watching her grow and raising her into a Godly young woman.  God was so good for giving me the desires of my heart!  And I think I've mentioned a time or two, that Bayli was the first little girl in 52 years on my mother-in-law's side of the family.  To say that the family was excited would be an understatement.  We couldn't wait to bring home that little girl clad in pink!

We left the Dr that day and went straight to pick out another bedding set.  Neutral green and yellow would hardly do for my little girl!  We were so excited!

Aside from the normal baby showers, decorating and making room for baby, the remainder of the pregnancy was rather uneventful.   Delivery, however, was a totally different story...

to be continued...

0 comments: