Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A good morning

Although Bayli sleeps in her own bed all night every night, she always sneaks into my bed at about 7:00 each morning. Most of the time we drift back to sleep while I hold her. Some days if we have a lot of errands to run or things to do that day, I'll let her snooze in my bed while I get ready. Then there are the other days when she is ready for breakfast regardless of what my plans had been, so we relunctantly begin the day.

Today was one of the snuggle days. Something woke her up and she saw the light of day peeking through her blinds and decided it was Mommy time. I heard the pitter patter of her feet on the wood floors, then I felt her breath on my cheek. I knew she was standing there ready to be hoisted up into our big bed.

I am not too much of a morning person and I truly value every minute of my sleep. But, oh how I love these morning moments with her. She smells so sweet, morning breath and all. I love her bed head and I adore the fact that she drags her "be" (blanket) with her to cuddle with.

This morning she was snoozing again in no time. And then I could hear her sucking her thumb with a passion. I pried open one eye to look at her. I think my heart actually stopped beating for a moment. She looked absolutely precious with her hair gently falling over the side of her face, and her long black eyelashes were perfectly framing the rims of her eyes. And that still chubby baby hand next to her mouth, with her thumb slightly falling out and mouth wide open. All that I could do was barely catch my breath and just whisper a thank you to God for blessing me so much.

And then it hit me. This sweet little girl, my baby; is going to be a big sister one day...hopefully sooner rather than later. Within the next year or so, I will pry one eye open in the morning and see two sweet little girls sleeping on the pillow beside me, instead of one. I will hear the pitter patter of 4 little feet coming to the safety of Daddy and Mommy's bed when day breaks through the blinds in their rooms. I am suddenly more grateful than ever that we invested in a King size bed. Not so that they can sleep with us at night, but for lazy mornings like this. The type of mornings that motherhood is made for.

As I laid there and gazed at her sweet, sleeping little head, I couldn't help but think about what our future holds. I have no doubt that there is enough love in my heart and in our home for another child. I feel bold enough to say that we have enough love for probably 100 other children. But my mind can't quite comprehend how good it will be. I can taste it; but I can't digest it just yet.

Father God, just like in your word in Jeremiah 29:11 is says "For I know the plans I have for you...plans for a hope and a future". My mind cannot even begin to comprehend what your plans hold for us...for my family. I know that it includes a little girl named Gracie. But the magnitude of that we'll only be able to understand when she gets here and is officially part of our family. I thank you that in just 5 short months we've gone from an uncertain future, to being well on our way to a new addition to our family. Thank you Jesus for blessing us beyond measure. And for loving us enough to give the Moran family an amazing future.

A Face for Grace,
Holly

1 comments:

Erin said...

Two little girls! What a fun time they will have! I will be praying for you as the process continues. I love what you wrote at the top of your blog - one from our belly and one from our heart. . . So, sweet. . .