Friday, June 15, 2007

It's mine, mine, mine...not that I have a problem sharing or anything...

I haven't had the priviledge of watching an entire TV show, from beginning to end, since 2003.

September 16, 2003 to be exact. Which happened to be the day a little princess made her debut into our family.


I've never been a huge TV fan, but I love to watch Good Morning America and Oprah along with any and all things on HGTV. But, you see, those are "peoples, not cartoons"...which poses a problem in our household. At least to a talkative and opinionated 3 1/2 year old.


Then when Jason gets home, the remote is glued to his hands. If for some reason I actually get to hold the remote control for longer than the necessary time to pass it off to him like it's a hot potato; I actually get some weird form of stage fright while trying to perform the task at hand. When he is in the room, and I'm trying to work the remote, I actually get sweaty palms, butterflies in my stomach and a dry mouth...for real. Because the pressure to flip fast enough and with a quick, even tempo is just too much for me!

And, in case y'all haven't noticed, I am a rather competent individual with not much in life able to intimidate me.


Then, there's the fact that I actually WATCH the commercials *GASP*! I like to follow the story through to the end. I do not find it necessary to switch the channel during a commercial; it goes against my OCD nature...like I'm moonlighting on the current show at hand.


And what on earth is it with Sports Center? I am all about sports, love every single one of them. (Well, aside from the one that my husband loves where the guys drive the cars in circles for say, 500 laps or so. But, who am I to juge?) But honestly, the play of the day is the absolute same the entire live long day! Why must we watch it again? And again? And again?


I've tried retreating to my bedroom, but then one of two things usually happens. I either fall asleep; or I get pushed over by a cute little 3 1/2 year old who asks to watch Dora on Mommy's TV.


So, what is this post all about you ask? It' all about this, my new Mother's Day/Birthday present. Ta!Da!





Now, before any of you start to leave me a comment wishing me Happy Birthday, don't bother; because my birthday was last November. It's a long story as to why we are where we are with the present purchasing; but I'm all about it because now I can watch TV any time I want to.


You see folks, Lifetime Movie Network was no more for me...only a distant memory. So I had to get creative. First of all, notice that it's mounted under the cabinet. Oh how I can't stand ANYTHING aside from absolute necessities on my countertops. A gift of any sorts, even a TV, that would have to sit on my countertop, would certainly be "the gift that kept on giving" all right...it would constantly give me panick attacks! And also, take note of the small 10 inch screen... a tad small you say? Well, I think it's a stroke of genius! Nothing in the world will make "other people" not want to use your TV like a small screen! Now, it does come with a remote control, but I think I can handle it. And it also has a DVD player, plays CD's and has a radio!

It gives me great pleasure to announce...hello Diane Sawyer, Oprah, all of HGTV and, yes, even the occasional Lifetime Movie Network. It's been way too long since we said our abrupt goodbyes...but I'm back!

Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! And, Happy Birthday to me, even if it is a tad belated!

Face for Grace, Holly

1 comments:

jajbs said...

Okay-- we REALLY are alike!! Where did you find that little piece of genius? I have, seriously, been asking for one of those for the SAME reasons and demanding it not sit on my counter. Girl, ENJOY (and give me a call so we can plan our get together.)

Love ya,
Amanda