Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Big Smile

Last night we went to Chuck E Cheese. No special reason, just because we could. We really had a great time, and one particular person had a GREAT time. Bayli had fun too! Jason loves to play games...especially when he is pumped up about winning some tickets for his little girl. She had her eye on a light up princess wand, and he was determined to win it for her.

I am here to tell you, the new Chuck E Cheese on Seigen Lane is not the Chuck E Cheese of old. Holy Cow! The excitement level in that place was amazing. I saw first hand the competition that we are up against in the church world. I mean, if we could get some kids that excited about Jesus...talk about a generation of world changers!

On a different note...y'all know how emotional I get about things. Bayli has been asking for months to go to "Chunk 'n' Cheese"! And for the past 2 days she could hardly contain herself. We had printed some coupons off the internet and it had a little picture of Chuck E Cheese himself on the page. She asked me several times yesterday if "That little guy right there would actually be at Chunk 'n' Cheese...because you know, he's the one that talks on the T.V. and all" So, I'm guessing in her mind he's quite obviously a celebrity.

Anyway, being as how much Jason loves to play games, I got nominated to sit at the table and wait for our pizza while Bayli and Daddy bonded and began the 2 1/2 hour process of using up her 90 some odd tokens (again, the internet coupons are the way to go). As I was sitting there waiting, I watched the two of them from afar. I promise you, there was a permanent smile on Bayli's face. She kept looking at Jason...and there was sheer excitement across her entire face...the entire time. There seems to be nothing better in this entire world than watching your child have the time of their lives...when they've been looking forward to something and it comes to pass. To us, it would be something much bigger than a night out at Chuck E Cheese, but to her it was the stuff that dreams were made of. It brought tears to my eyes. I had one of these moments...and for a brief moment, nothing else mattered. Only being right there, making a lasting memory with my family.

See, I've been fighting discouragement this week, because we still have yet to receive our I-171H from New Orleans, and we are officially past the time frame that our social worker told us to expect it in, let alone the time frame that I had believed God for. But all of those worries just faded. It's all ok...and I saw through my child (and my big kid :) exactly how God sees us and how it pleases Him to see us happy and excited. And just like Jason was determined to win enough tickets for Bayli to get that wand, God is determined for me to get that report, in the perfect timing...so that we can move on with this process and continue on with our journey to grow our family.

And I realized how very blessed I am.

God, I know that you speak to me in the craziest of ways. But last night tops them all. Regardless, I thank you for making me sensitive enough to catch on to the little hints, and sensitive enough to be able to realize the blessings of the small things in life. And it's all proof that you are with us at all times. Thank you for your abundance of blessings. And thank you for always speaking to me...especially so unexpectedly at the craziest of times and the craziest of places!

Face for Grace,
Holly


1 comments:

Bekah said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I know what you mean about things not being done in the time expected and how disappointing that can be when you really believed the Lord for a miracle...and I am just amazed how the Lord so gently and loving reminds us that he is still in control, that his timing is perfect and that his blessing are all around us.