Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Are we crazy or what?

Thursday we will be visiting a Psychiatrist as part of the necessary paperwork for our Dossier. I would be totally lying if I said that I wasn't nervous, because I am so totally nervous. One of my friends gave me the wise advise "don't try to pull any of that crying stuff that you do all of the time, because then they sure won't give you a baby! They'll know you're crazy for sure!" Got to love the honesty in that statement.

So, I've tried to see the bright side of things.

First of all, if I am certifiably crazy...then at least we'll actually have proof. No more speculating or leaving anything to the imagination. We'll have documentation that will just reinforce what others have assumed for years! :)

Next, between us; I am totally praying that my IQ test will come out with just slightly higher results than that of my genius husband. He is so smart it almost angers me. He knows the capital and population of everything and everywhere (and I'm not just talking United States) he reads the almanac for fun, he also can add/divide/multiply or subtract (wthout pen and paper) way higher than I can even count. So, why would I think that my IQ may be higher? A girl can dream, right? Not that it's a competition or anything, it'll just be fun to see. (I guess the only down side to this would be that my siblings might actually start expecting me to produce more answers at our traditional holiday Trivial Pursuit games. The "deer in the headlights" look may not cut it anymore. I may actually have to read the almanac and learn some interesting facts or something. Geesh! I might be better off skipping the higher IQ, and just strive for a "passing grade"or something like that.)

But honestly, what if I do cry (which I often times do when I am scared, nervous; not to mention happy, sad, anxious. OK- I cry just when I'm breathing...there- I said it!) I am also concerned because we are very vocal about our faith and that God has ordained this part of our lives. A lot of Psychiatrists think that people who talk about God a lot are flaky. I am not going to be quiet about God, but yet- this guy's report could totally make or break our efforts here. So far, we have been very blessed that we haven't felt like we've been invaded or x-rayed, so to speak. We have been very open about this entire process. But this has me a little scared.

Father God, I pray for favor with Dr. Hoppe on Thursday. You have been in control of this entire process, and I know that you will continue to be in control. I know that you have ordained this time in our lives, and we continue to Glorify you throughout the journey we are on. God, I pray that this Dr. will "get" adoptions and understand our reasons for choosing to adopt. I pray that he will be open minded and will see us for who we really are. God, I pray that you will calm all fears and remove all doubt from our minds. God, I pray that you will help us to just be ourselves. I know that since we are made in your image, then being ourselves is actually being You..and that's bound to be more than enough! Thank you in advance for seeing us through this part of our miraculous journey.

Excited to be a Face for Grace!
Holly

1 comments:

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

I think out of all the adoption requirements, this was the one I DID NOT like.