Monday, April 23, 2007

Fasting and Prayer

We received an email from America World indicating that they are requesting everyone to join them in a corporate wide fast for several different things:

Specific Issues in Need of Prayer:
To decrease the wait time for referrals from China and El Salvador;
To allow more orphans in China to be listed and available for adoption;
For paper chasing China adoptive parents who need to reach their May 1st deadline;
For adoption agencies to be accredited in Russia;
For the hearts of leaders in the field of adoption to make decisions in the best interest of children - and not to be motivated by personal greed, ambition, or national pride.


The first item on this list is of particular interest to Jason and I. When we completed our application we were told the current wait time for referral after submission of Dossier was 11 months. Now we are being told that by the time we are logging in our Dossier they expect the wait time to be increased to 14 months. This, of course could increase at any given time. But, my God is absolutely bigger than this and is absolutely in control of this. And I also believe that God moves when His people go to Him through fasting and prayer. So, in retrospect...I absolutely believe that this waiting time frame could rapidly decrease also. It's all in God's mighty hands.

As the email also indicates:

We are praying boldly and in faith—as Jesus taught us in Mark Chapter 11:

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:22-24


This would also be a great time to ask your church community, fellowship groups and bible studies to pray together for orphans waiting to be adopted. For those who can join us in prayer and fasting from April 23 - 25, we appreciate your support, prayers and faithfulness.


We are excited about this opportunity to fast for all of those involved in this process and who are waiting for referrals, etc. If you feel led to join us, please let me know and I can forward the email to you for more specific information. If you don't feel led to join us, please join us as we pray for God to move.

Father God, I thank you for this opportunity that has presented itself. Fasting is a hard one for me, as I'm sure that it is for everyone. God, we desire for Gracie to join us sooner rather than later and God, I believe that you will move in this situation. You are absolutely in control. I pray Father, for every other couple on a waiting list somewhere, or who is in a race against time to finish up paperwork. God, go before them and make the way possible. Lord Jesus, we also thank you for leading us to this agency...it absolutely blesses me that they care so much for the orphans of this world, and for my child, that they are requesting a corporate-wide fast. Jesus...pour out your blessings upon them!

A Face for Grace,
Holly

1 comments:

jajbs said...

Holly, Please send me that e-mail. I think it is great to see an agency that is actually encouraging their clients to follow the Bible! God is bigger than timeframes. I am praying that you get favor with the right people. Just remember-- Grace is ordained to be your baby girl and He has that perfect time to get her to you!

Oh, will you be home tomorrow evening. If so, call me when you get a chance. We NEED to talk!!

Amanda