Tuesday, April 3, 2007

No Ma'am She Did Not...

Ok, so the obsessing paid off in the fact that I now have immaculately clean and organized closets, pantry and cabinets. But, for the record, our social worker did not even look. I actually had to ask her if she wanted to see the rest of the house. And the required things, fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, etc, she didn't even look for those...she just asked if we had them and took our word for it!

I spoke with a friend of ours from church who is a Social Worker and who used to work in adoptions until just a couple of years ago. And actually, she used to work for our social worker. When I spoke with her yesterday, she was speechless. She told me, "Holly, she trained me. She always checks the house over very thoroughly. This is highly unusual...you obviously have favor with this woman!"

To which I replied, of course we do...why wouldn't we?

Yes ma'am...she did not check the first thing, we just had a nice little talk about certain questions that she prompted. We scheduled our next 2 meetings, and that's how it went.

T.D. Jakes always says, "Favor ain't fair!" Hfm! I guess it ain't...but I'm certainly not complaining!

Face for Grace,
Holly

1 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the very sweet comment that you left on my blog. I had to come and "meet" you after I read it. So, you are adopting! How wonderful!! Congrats to you! May God bless your sweet family!