Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Interview #2

Yesterday I had my 2nd Interview with the Social Worker. It was supposed to be an hour and a half session, which lasted precisely 2 and 1/2 hours! I left thinking to myself, sort of pride-fully, "I must be interesting! We had so much to talk about!" Then it dawned on me, "Oh, I must be interesting! Therefore we had so much to talk about!" Maybe nut-case better sums it up? I mean, let's face it...for those of you who know me best, how shall I say it? Drama follows me everywhere I go! My nickname from one of my very best friends ever was "Sista' Job!" If that doesn't explain things, then what else does? (For those of you having a panick attack from reading that comment, you will be pleased to know that I've since learned the power of words, and how even though "Sista' Job" is quite the funny nickname...it's better left unsaid; therefore unclaimed.)

Anyway, we talked in great detail about the basics of my upbringing, teen years, early adulthood, marriage, etc; concentrating on some key areas. At one point during the meeting, she politely asked me how I turned out so normal given all of the tragedy and turmoil that I lived through. To which I replied that I had learned many years ago that life is all about choices. And you can not pave your future based on unfortunate events in your life. Everything that I have been through in life does not get me a license to be a mass murderer or anything of the sorts. It just gives me more Ministry Material, and makes me more thankful for all that Jesus has done for me. To which, she replied, it was a good thing that I took that attitude, because she has met with a lot of people who went through circumstances like my own who were not so fortunate in their outcome. If that isn't a testimony to the healing power of Jesus Christ, then what is? He forgives all, and through Him we are able to forgive and forget circumstances in our lives. I use the word "forget" loosely; I personally have not forgotten any of the bad things that have come my way...but they don't matter anymore- through Christ Jesus.

So, basically, all went rather well. We are plugging along in our 25MPH zone- in the sensible vehicle of course. (For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about...read post about My Life as an Automobile) Hopefully by the end of the month, we should be finished with our Home Study; at which point we'll be able to move on to the next step (which is the last step before submitting all documents to El Salvador!) I will keep everyone posted!

Face for Grace,
Holly

1 comments:

Erin said...

I am so glad that your interview went well!!

I wanted to comment on the comment you left on my blog! I will definitely do a post on my sis soon. I want to do it when I really have time to think and write without interruption. I want to tell her family's story well, and I want others to be able to get a feel for their family's heart. So, when I get a few moments alone, I will do it! I just pray I get a few moments before the baby comes. . .